Tips, reminders and advice.
• Motor vehicles are not permitted to enter in the Ilha Grande. These must be let in parkings, on the Mainland;
• There are no banks and ATMs in Ilha Grande;
• Some establishments (guest houses, restaurants, shops) do not accept credit cards;
• Black outs and failures in the phones and mobile telephony and internet are common;
• Beach umbrellas and beach chairs are not used here. This is not usual because the beaches offer shade under trees;
• Make your lodging reservation in advance, thus avoiding waste of time when arriving;
• Beware of harassment by the "keepers" of inns. Often they will try to split you in half. Offers for accommodation with very low fares, could put you in unsafe places and often illegal.